Software Engineer - Teams
Colocado em 17/11/2023
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures, and more) added every year. At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced software engineer to join our Teams team. The focus of this team lies in the implementation of enterprise-level requirements within Issuu, such as SSO/MFA.
Issuu Is The Place For You, If You...
- Want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – We receive hundreds of visits per second and host over 50M+ documents.
- Consider yourself one of the best at what you do and you're looking for equally talented colleagues.
- Are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket.
- Are curious and never stop learning and exploring new languages, technologies, and solutions.
- Seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product.
- Want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to set you up for success.
- Be part of an international team that continuously challenges the status quo.
Perfil do Candidato
What You Bring With You
- Experience designing and building robust, high-volume production systems.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with scalable microservice architecture.
- Proven experience building APIs or similar, with a strong understanding of API development, integration patterns, and web technologies.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and familiarity with API authentication mechanisms (OAuth, JWT, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.).
- Experience with identity governance and administration.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Other Things You Know
- We're currently working on becoming a transformation engine for the content uploaded to Issuu, machine learning for a better understanding of our content, our famous reading experience, and expanding our partner ecosystem to mention a few examples.
- Our architecture is based on microservices and is even-oriented using AMQP.
- We deploy on AWS multiple times daily and use Kubernetes, MySQL/Postgresql, Redis, Node, etc.
- We strive to be agile (who doesn’t?), but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban, or any other methodology.
- We have many cross-team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can.
- “20% time”- everyone gets one day a week to invest as they see fit (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ...).
What You Will Get
- A competitive compensation package.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
- Mentorship from more senior people.
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to contribute to Open Source.
- Great company events that bring everyone together.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin, and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
A Oferta expira em16/Jan/2024